Service AgreementThis SERVICE AGREEMENT (hereafter referred to as “Agreement”) is made and entered into this _____ day of ______________, 20__, by and between “Editing by Deborah” and ___________________________________________“Client.”
This agreement confirms the terms of engagement between Editor and Client.
1. Responsibilities of Editor:
- Provide a (type of service)_________________of a _______-word / -page (circle one) project with a working title of: __________________________________________________.
- Editor will have completed editing on above-mentioned project by____________.
- The above-mentioned project will be edited / proofread at a flat rate of $_______.
2. Responsibilities of Client:
- A _______-word / -page (circle one) project with a working title of: __________________________________________________, will be provided by the Client and transmitted via USPS or email. The project is _________spaced with ____” margins in ___-point type.
- Manuscript will be sent to Editor before (date)_____________.
- First-time Clients will submit payment in full along with a signed copy of this Agreement.
- Returning Clients will submit a fifty percent deposit in the amount of $_____________ along with a signed copy of this Agreement.
- Final payment of $________ will be made upon completion of the above-mentioned project.
- All costs relating to photocopying and/or postage will be added to Client’s final statement.
3. Any changes that should occur such as added material or unexpected emergencies that could delay the above-stated completion date will be communicated promptly between both parties.
4. Should Client decide, for any reason, to terminate services with Editor, all unpaid fees and costs up to that point will be paid promptly.
5. No party hereto shall be liable for delay, loss, damage, or non-fulfillment of the terms of this contract if and to the extent that such delay, loss, damage, or non-fulfillment is caused by an occurrence beyond the reasonable control of such party, including, but not limited to, delay of transportation, riots, strikes, epidemics, acts of God, compliance with any act, regulation, order or request of any governmental authority or agency, or any other causes, whether direct or indirect, not within the reasonable control of such party, and which by the exercise of reasonable diligence such party is unable to prevent such delay, loss, damage, or non-fulfillment of the provisions of this contract or otherwise to be rendered by such party hereto.
6. This Agreement sets forth the entire Agreement and understanding of the parties with respect to the subject of the matter hereof and no statements, modifications, or variations shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
7. This Agreement shall be controlled, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon.
_______________________________________ (Client) ___________(date)
_______________________________________ (Editor) __________(date)
Please sign and return via email attachment, along with payment through PayPal, to Bishop Northwest Enterprises, Inc.