Resume of Deborah Bishop
Deborah has over 25 years of editing and writing experience as an entrepreneur and as a professional in the business community.
Business copyediting projects include: brochures, case studies, manuals, marketing materials, newsletters, press releases, proposals, reports, web/blog content, and white papers.
Personal editing projects include: books (fiction and non-fiction), manuscripts, memoirs, and screenplays.
Professional writing (and ghostwriting) projects include: articles, audio/video training films, children’s books, instructional manuals, novels, screenplays, and short stories.
- Public Broadcast Television (KOCE)
- IEEE Computer Society
- Society for Information Display (SID)
- World Floor Covering Association (WFCA)
- Association for Computer Operations Management (AFCOM)
- Coast Guard Auxiliary
- PickWorld Magazine
- Salem Press (EBSCO Publishing)
- Clark Net Incorporated
- As an entrepreneur, she started several small businesses including, but not limited to: freelance writing and editing; public relations; and e-commerce sites.
- As lead editor for a Fortune 500 multinational corporation, she wrote and edited training manuals and films for paramedical and healthcare professionals.
- As a writer for public television, she created college-level courses. In addition, she has written screenplays, novels, short stories, and a children’s book. She has also ghostwritten several non-fiction books for psychologists and health practitioners.
- As executive director for an international professional association, she expanded the membership base, automated the home office, implemented the objectives of the board of directors, and coordinated conferences and conventions.
- As communications specialist for numerous mid-sized businesses, she strengthened company image, defined brand, increased membership, organized and coordinated trade shows, wrote press releases, and created effective and unique newsletters and brochures.
- As editorial consultant for a contract engineering and manufacturing firm, she designed the website and brand, developed a social media marketing strategy and campaign, and wrote web content.
- Interior Design
- Medical / Healthcare
- Real Estate
- Trade Associations
- Advertising & Promotions Manager
- Business / Book Editor
- Communications Specialist
- Consultant / Coach
- Corporate Executive
- Event Planner / Coordinator
- Marketing & Sales
- Professional Writer
- Public Relations
- Published Author
BA, University of California, Irvine Postgraduate, UCLA Film School